- ALA Great Websites - Reliable websites from all over the internet selected by members of the American Library Association. Organized by subject and indicates age level.
- eLibrary * - In library | From home - Pictures, videos, eBooks and articles to help with research projects.
- Gale Virtual Reference * - Digital reference books on things like animals, sports and science.
- Information Please - Free online research, reference, and homework help. Information divided by subject and resource type, along with a homework center and back to school section with quick facts and helpful tools.
- Khan Academy - Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empowers learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom
- ProQuest * - A collection of research databases that covers magazines, newspapers, and journals and can satisfy the research needs of high school, undergraduate, graduate, professional, and casual public researchers.
- ProQuest K - 12 * - In library | From home -A variety of special and general research sites designed around school subjects in literature, history, current events, geography, etc.
- Research Rocket - Designed with young researchers in mind, find articles covering a variety of topics in all subject areas.
- SirsDiscoverer - Maps, graphics and articles on core subjects.
- Sparknotes - Study guides to literature, history, math, biology, and other subjects for upper level high school and college students. Multiple ways to study online, with eReaders, or with books, along with blogs, test prep, quizzes, and interactive community features.
- Teen CyberSmarts - Learn how to safely manage your online identity with this interactive eBook program. Sign in with username llml and password llml or click for more info.
History & Social Issues
- Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints - Pros and cons on current events and social issues.
- History Study Center * - In library | From home - An online resource from ProQuest providing a vast collection of electronic versions of primary (firsthand accounts, official records, letters) and secondary (research, other historians’ work) sources for the study of history. For high school students and above.
People & Places
- CultureGrams Online * - In library | From home - Detailed information on countries and states with photos, videos and more.
- Gale in Context: Biography - Information on people past and present.
Reading & Literature
- Cliffs Notes - Online version of the popular literature study guides with quizzes, apps, and test preparation materials.
- NoveList - Book suggestions for every reader.
- Gale Virtual Literature Collection * - Encyclopedias of American and world literature, authors, literary movements, with analysis and criticism.
- Literary Reference Center - Critical review and help with most studied works and authors.
- ProQuest Learning: Literature * - In library | From home - ind poetry, prose and plays. Also includes author biographies.
Science & Math
- NASA for Students - Podcasts, educational videos, current developments, research tools, and images from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- Space Place - A joint effort of NASA and other technology and education partners with facts, videos, activities, games, and quizzes about space related topics.
K-12 Online Schools
* These references are tools that the library pays to use and you will need to enter your library card number and last name in all capital letters to access them from home.