Mike Kennedy has been a Spokane Native and Liberty Lake resident since 2002. In addition to serving in the Navy Blue Angels, before becoming a council member in 2017, Kennedy has served on the City of Spokane and the Liberty Lake City Planning Commissions; he was President for Northwest Public Communications Council for Washington, Oregon & Idaho Public Utilities Commission and was a business owner with over 100 employees and millions of dollars in budgets and capital expenditures.
Council Member Kennedy is committed to:
- Maintaining low taxes and realistic spending while expecting high levels of quality services.
- Understanding community needs and creating efficient, effective responses for citizens.
- Keeping Liberty Lake safe supporting our Liberty Lake Police Department’s effective and innovative officers.
- Maintaining our trails, conservation and river access area for future generations.
- Holding developers accountable for their impact on roads, schools and services.
- Expanding Harvard overpass to reduce congestion, increase safety and enhance business access.
- Planning and designing our Henry Road interchange.
- Executive with Old National and Seattle First Banks
- Small business owner for 30+ years in telecommunications & recreational vehicles.
- Consultant to business and education on finance, marketing & charitable fund raising
- Merry Glen Home & School for Disabled Children President, Executive Committee & Major Fundraiser
- Architectural Committee, Ranco Casa Blanca Resort
- Arrow Point Homeowners Association, President
- Newman Lake Home Owners Association
- Liberty Lake Kiwanis- Board of Directors, Yard Sale, Foundation Golf Tournament
- Friends of the Liberty Lake Library Spring Tea.