Websites We Recommend
The web sites and online resources below provide high-quality information on a variety of topics. Some are paid for with tax-payer funds and are only available for use in the library or to library members with City of Liberty Lake resident cards. To use those from home, you will need your library card number (starting with "10") and password or PIN. Your default password is last name in ALL CAPS.
For homework help and school resources, visit the Homework Help page.
To schedule a research consultation with a Librarian, email the Library or call 509-232-2510.
- CultureGrams * - In library | From home - Find out about today's world happenings.
- Gale Virtual Reference * - Search over 50 subject areas with one click.
- ProQuest * - A collection of research databases that covers magazines, newspapers, and journals and can satisfy the research needs of K-12, undergraduate, graduate, professional, and casual public researchers.
- Flipster Magazines * - Full color digital editions of over 100 magazines like Discover, Field & Stream, Martha Stewart Living, and National Geographic for your computer, tablet, or phone.
- NoveList Plus - Everything you need to find your next read. Liberty Lake resident cards only.
- Gale Virtual Literature Collection * - Encyclopedias of American and world literature, authors, literary movements, with analysis and criticism.
- FamilySearch - One of the largest free collection of records, resources, and services for genealogy research. Operated by the non-profit organization, Genealogical Society of Utah "GSU."
- Find a Grave - Discovery tool for graves and memorials
- Rootsweb - Search historical newspapers
- Cyndi's List - A comprehensive list of helpful genealogy research sites.
- Library of Congress
- Riverpoint Library (WSU/EWU)
- Spokane County Library District
- Spokane Public Library
- Washington State Library
- Gonzaga University
- Whitworth University
Local News Sources
- AARP Foundation Tax Aide - Find a free volunteer tax preparer for individualized assistance with your tax return. Get information about federal taxes.
- Consumer Reports * - The latest product reviews and ratings.
- Data USA - Government data including demographics and helpful visualizations.
- Gale Virtual Business Collection * - Industry outlooks, marketing, business case studies, e-commerce.
- Gale Virtual Gardening Collection * - Digital titles covering every aspect of growing vegetables and fruit from garden design to harvest.
- Gale Virtual Travel Collection * - Search online editions of travel and guidebooks for popular destinations in the US and beyond.
- Internal Revenue ServiceI
- Jobs and Career Resources - See our online resources here, but don't forget our special jobs and career collection at the library.
- NADA Guides - New and used car and vehicle prices and information based on regional markets from the National Automobile Dealers Association.
- Washington Reads - Lists of books, both fiction and non-fiction, having to do with Washington State.
- Washington State History
- Washington State History Museum
Health Care & Information
- Children's Health - The best website on children's health issues from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health
- Gale Virtual Health Collection * - Health topics, disease, diet and nutrition, fitness, medicine, drugs, mental health
- Health Hotlines - National Library of Medicine's comprehensive list of hundreds of free hotlines to organizations dedicated to specific medical conditions
- Healthfinder - Information in non-technical language from the US Dept. of Health & Human Services to help you and your loved ones stay healthy.
- Household Products Database - Consumer guide of easy-to-understand information on the potential health effects of common household products used inside and around the home.
- MedlinePlus - Health information from the National Library of Medicine.
- Senior's Health - The best website on senior health issues from the National Institute of Health
- Social Security Disability Benefits Guide - This guide will explain how Social Security disability benefits work while helping you determine what disability or condition is enough to qualify.
- Spokane Regional Health District - Programs and services for a safer and healthier community.
- Voters Guide
- My Vote - Voter registration, candidates
- Campaign Results for WA.
- Spokane County Elections and Results
* These references are tools that the library pays to use and you will need to enter your library card number and password or PIN to access them from home. Default password is last name in all capital letters.